Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 239: Choc Chip Cookies


Despite the fact that I am always making cupcakes, I am generally not a baker. I stick to cupcakes cos I am good at them (tickets lol) but have been wanting to venture out a little and try my hand at biscuits (mainly so I can ice them in pretty designs with royal icing). I decided to start with something relatively easy first to see how it went and thought choc chip cookies should be easy enough to handle.

I searched online for various recipes and came across this one from Exclusively Food which seemed easy enough - http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2007/11/chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe_24.html

The recipe was really simple and easy to follow and I had no dramas getting it to the final mixture stage. This is where the problems started though - I ended up eating some of the cookie dough! Oops! I still had enough left to make 30 or so cookies, but I didn't feel like eating them after the dough. The other issue was that I didn't really bake the cookies for long enough. I am not a fan of crunchy biscuits (or any foods really) so was happy for them to be soft and chewy, but think other people might not enjoy them being so soft.

I think our oven is a bit out of sorts too and doesn't heat properly as after baking for 15 mins, they were still super soft and prob undercooked to most people. Guess that means I'll just have to make another batch and keep this lot for myself!

1 comment: