Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 226: Easter Sunday


I was inspired by my gorgeous friends Donna and Andrea to make some hot cross buns yesterday. The girls had each made the traditional style but as I'm not a fan of dried fruit (except for banana chips) I thought I'd try some chocolate ones.

They were alright, but were a little denser than store bought ones. It's because the dough didn't double in size when left and I think this was due to the fact that it was bloody cold in Sydney today. Dough seems to need to be in a warm place to double properly. Not to worry, these hot cross buns were delicious this morning (no I didn't eat all 5! I had 1 1/2)




These are the Easter eggs that I bought for myself! I pretty much get the same eggs every year from my family, which suits me just fine as I am definitely a creature of habit. If I like something, I stick to it. Plus, Red Tulip chocolate is only available at Easter so I always need to have an Elegant Rabbit.

I do understand, appreciate and respect that Easter is not just about chocolate eggs and hot cross buns, however I am not religious hence why I haven't made any reference to religious meanings or activities.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment