Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 177: Chocolate peanut butter brownies

Welcome to my very first Masterclass - how to make Chocolate peanut butter brownies!

I was supposed to go to the movies today to see Valentine's Day but due to a change of plans I suddenly had some time on my hands to do some baking. Yay! I had brunch with this morning with some new friends at Fratelli Paradiso and it was seriously delicious! I had scrambled eggs and it comes with a cute little ricotta and pumpkin tart which was to die for! And they serve the most amazing orange juice as well. Will definitely going back there to try out their pastries next time. They were staring at me through their little windows but I resisted. Thankfully, since I got my bake on this afternoon.

So, kids, welcome to Masterclass!

Heat your oven to 170 deg and grease a slice tin & line with baking paper (leaving some hanging over the sides so you easily peel it away from the brownie later)

Chop up 100g of butter and 150g of dark choc and out them into a glass bowl over some boiling water and stir until they are smooth and well combined.



In another mixing bowl, mix 2 tbs of coca, 1 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup of plain flour. Mix in the chocolate/butter mixture until just combined. Let it cool a little before mixing in 2 eggs.

Pour the mixture into your slice tin and then spoon in approx 3/4 cups of peanut butter

Put the tray in the oven for 5 mins or so allowing the peanut butter to melt, remove the tray and then swirl the peanut butter around so it is spread a bit more evenly.

Place the tray back in the oven for approx 40-45 mins (if you have a dodgy oven like mine, it might need a bit more time, so test it with a skewer to see if it is still wet)

Let it cool completely and cut into slices.

 

and there you have it, an awesome twist on ordinary brownies! Every time I bake this for people it gets demolished very quickly and everyone always wants more. Try it, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

3 comments: