Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 165: Low Carb Cauliflower Cannelloni


I've mentioned on this blog before that I am trying to lose a bit of weight (3kg so far this year) and have been partaking in a low carb diet. A recipe I came across was for low carb cauliflower pizza bases. Who ever knew cauliflower was so versatile?

I now use it as a base for cannelloni. Obviously it doesn't have the same appearance but it really tastes fantastic.

I use 1/4 heap cauli, 1 egg, and a sprinkle of cheese. Fry off the cauli then mix it with the egg and cheese. On a flat tray, spread out the mix into a square/rectangular shape and bake on 180c for 10-15 mins.



While it is baking, mix up a filling. I use low fat ricotta cheese, spinach, zucchini and random herbs ( I didn't use spinach today as I bought the gross chunky one, not the super fine one). Once the cauli base is baked, cut it into strips and place blobs of the ricotta mixture in the middle.



In a dish, place a little pasta sauce in the base then fold up the cauli/ricotta strips and put them in the dish. Add a little pasta sauce and a sprinkle of cheese t the top and bake for 15 mins.

Seriously, this dish is one of my absolute favourites!

1 comment:

  1. I love cauliflower! this recipe looks so yummy I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete