Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 176: What a great night!


More to come on the pic above later in this post!

Saturday was a huge day spent with a lot of my favourite people. Morning started with shopping on my own (I may have bought shoes - oops!) and was followed by coffee with the lovely Dan & Rosey. I adore these two and their little girls who unfortunately weren't with them this trip as they were heading to dinner for Chinese New Year with another of our friends, Kevin, who also joined us for coffee later on.

After this I went home to quickly get changed to head out to drinks to celebrate Damo's birthday and the purchase of his new house. Hooray!  I met up with Damo, Dan, Claire and Jonno at Lowenbrau and we quickly got into the Jager Bombs!! Wooo! I cannot help myself with them and find it very hard to stop at one. Lots of hot boys at Lowenbrau too! Might have to head back there soon hehe. We then moved on to Argyle which I love. It was so damn hot in there tho, invest in some aircon dudes. After a few more drinks at Argyle, we went to go meet up with D&D's friend Rebekah who was at a hen's party for another friend. I feel like I need to do a flowchart to explain how everyone is linked!



As we were walking up George Street, there were a group behind us that were quite rowdy and I heard a girl say "I need to go tell that girl I like her dress" I didn't think much of it and then I get a tap on the shoulder and this girl says "I really like your dress" I turned to say thanks and was faced with Beth Ditto! Holy crap! At first I was thinking, that can't be her, I've had one too many drinks and it's just someone who looks like her, but no she was the real deal. She and her friends walked with us for a couple blocks (they were going to Chinese Laundry, we were going to Retro) and she chatted to us the whole way about all kinds of random stuff! She happily posed for a photo despite the fact that we both looked like drowned rats due to the crappy Sydney weather. Check out her eyeliner, btw! Very cool! I nearly didn't wear this dress because I couldnt find a black belt but because I was running so late I didn't bother changing.

She invited us to CL with the group but we had a hen's party to gatecrash at Retro (which we didn't really end up crashing anyway due to ridiculous cover charge). Barely anyone noticed her but I thought it was pretty cool that she was just wandering the streets of Sydney without security and happily chatting to us randoms!

Was such a good night and I had forgotten how much I love going out in the city. It's also still so amazing to have the D's back and be able to hang out with them! And meeting Beth was pretty damn cool too!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I love her, and that is SO cool that she came up to you and said she liked your dress!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete