Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 145: Declutterisation


Yes, that is in fact a word.

Quite a few of us have been inspired by the blog of Faux Fuschia (she really is all kinds of fabulous - check her blog here) who has been on a decluttering rampage recently and have decided that we need to join her on her crusade to have out homes free of unnecessary things/stuff/junk.

My gorgeous friend Sian has done a fabulous job with her decluttering - check out her blog here

So with Sian and FF as inspiration, it was time to make a start! It is going to take me FOREVER as I have so much crap as I am insane hoarder, a trait I picked up from my grandma. You want rental statements from 30 years ago? She has them! Thankfully I am not quite that bad...yet!

I have decided to start with a section of my room that I look at every day - the makeup/moisturiser/perfume/hair products section of my room. I find it so hard to throw away old makeup and beauty products. My issue is that I never actually finish anything because I am always buying new exciting products (lol) and so the old ones are forgotten. I am aiming to change this in 2010 and be more thrifty.

Here is the start I made this morning. It's only one shelf, but it's better than nothing! More updates to come in the upcoming weeks

EDIT - the entire section is done!!! Woooo! Still can't find my MAC Sequin lipstick or Benefit High Brow pencil :(



8 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race, so far so good sweets...keep at it, little and often then you will have a sparkling FF-esque room before you know it!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second shelf is making me anxious! Clear it up ASAP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach, all done now!!

    It didn't take that long once I got into it and I threw out sooo much stuff. Feels good to be a bit lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness the wine made the cut!! LOL Looks fab now its all complete!!

    That is the one downer about decluttering you realise all the things you are missing. I am missing your pink Burberry scarf...devo!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol good girl!! Looks great. I love a good clean out. You and Siany (and FF of course) are putting me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls!

    Even though most people keep alcohol in their kitchen, if I were to do that it would disappear. I'm not an alco I prommise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sorry that was meant to say my Burberry scarf...not yours...you must have been like, what scarf, I never leant you a scarf??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The area could probably use more decluttering, but it is at least neat now and I did throw out quite a lot of stuff I swear! I'm way too scared to tackle wardrobe yet haha

    ReplyDelete