Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 142: Fondant


I went to a cake decorating class ages ago and bought a hole heap of fondant, modelling paste, gum, cutters, tools etc and this afternoon I decided I wanted to try making a bow as I'd like to put some on my cupcakes.

After plying around for a little bit, this is the result. Needs a fair bit of work (the fondant was a little hard as container had not been sealed properly) but not bad for a first effort I think.

Will play around with making some of a smaller size next weekend.

7 comments:

  1. THAT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME HONEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a stunner! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    I'm excited to play around with more fondant on the weekend and see what else I can create. Not sure I'll use glitter again - it's so messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the girls, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete