Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 141: AVATAR!!



So anyone who knows me will know that Avatar is totally not my kind of movie, but because everyone has been RAVING about it I decided to give it a go. And, I loved it!

James Cameron really is amazing (and about as subtle as a sledgehammer! thankfully I tend to agree with his point of view so had no problem with the political references) and has such amazing vision. The #D effects were jsut incredible, and I couldn't get over the stunning colours and imagery of Pandora.

This is a bit odd, but towards the end, where the sky people had come in with their bulldozers and they stopped Sam Worthington's avatar (why cant i remember its name?) I has this really weird epiphany about life ending and how all of a sudden it just stops. It made me think about what is important to me and realise that I am happy with what I have and who I am and if there are things that I want in future that didn't happen, then it really doesn't matter cos at some point, it all just disappears (I'm not a believer in life after death tbh). Weird message to get from the movie, but it made me feel a bit more chilled about not feeling like I am 'advanced' enough in my life. If I'm happy, nothing else really matters. And you know what... I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment