Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 59: The story behind that tattoo


ok, so I have a tattoo on my left wrist of an M (oh look, you can see it in the pic!) which I got for my 25th birthday. I have always wanted a tattoo there (stars when I was younger, then decided I didn't want one) and thought I should commemorate reaching 25 years. There were a couple of times there where it was a little doubtful that I'd make it.

So I got over wanting a tattoo for a while and didn't think about it, but then after going through what was possibly the worst period of my life I felt like I needed something to remind me to stay strong and that if I could get through everything I had in my past, then everything in the future would be a breeze (well not quite haha). It's super lame I know, but I thought everyone time I looked at it it would remind me that I didn't need anyone else and that the only person I should really rely on was myself. Not because there is anything wrong with other people (well not all of them!) but jsut that I needed to be in control and not make excuses for things.

To be completely honest, it hasn't really changed anything! But I was looking at it over the weekend after having a bit of a tantrum about some stuff and I was reminded why I got it. Who cares if that girl was talking shit? If the person she said it to believes it then they're not worth my time anyway. I started to get too caught up in someone else and was upset when they weren't doing what I wanted them to. I totally forgot that I don't actually NEED anyone else.

So this is the last of the emo posts. I'm actually feeling really good today, no more drama as the great Mary J would preach!

Promise to be much happier and sunnier and positive tomorrow.

Mel xx

2 comments:

  1. Post of the month - yay Mel! :) xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe D, you and Dan were there when i got it remember? And remember V getting into an argument about the colour of her tattoo?? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete