Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 51: Red Velvet Cupcakes


I've eaten a few red velvet cupcakes before (mainly in New York), but never actually made them. This was my first attempt and I am pretty damn happy with them!

I used a recipe from a fabulous site called Tasted By Two - www.tastedbytwo.com which I found simply by googling. The site has some good recipes and really great reviews of Sydney restaurants. The direct link to the recipe is here - http://tastedbytwo.com/2009/06/23/recipe-magnolia-red-velvet-cupcakes/

I made the cupcakes following the recipe exactly, however changed the cream cheese frosting and ended up adding about 4 cups of icing sugar so I could get the icing more stiff in order to pipe it. Also, it means the cream cheese forms a really soft crust which I looooove! Too bad if noone else does haha, on cream cheese frosting is the the bee oh emm bee (or, bomb for those who aren't cool enough to spell out their words like I do hehe).

They taste fabulous and made 28 big cupcakes! Whoa! I think I will halve the recipe next time, cos that is just way too many for what I need. So now I will take a batch to my bitches at NDY in the morning and then take the others to work on Tuesday (I have tomorrow off cos my dad and bro are in town)

Couldn't resist doing a Masterchef style presentation spectacular lol. Who the hell smashes up a cupcake to serve it?? Well apparently the Masterchef team and now ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment