Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 282: Kam Fook Chatswood




Today, after a brief visit from Damo to look at puggels at Chatswood, I met up with Robyn for yum cha at Kam Fook restaurant which is in Chatswood Westfield (there is also one at Bondi Junction, or "The Junger" as Sydney Shop Girl and many others call it hehe)

Every time I walk past this restaurant it is packed and there are huge amounts of people waiting outside for tables (should have taken a pic but forgot) so I usually don't bother trying to get a table but today I was determined to try it.




To be honest, I was actually a bit disappointed. Admittedly we didn't have a lot of dishes, but that was because the ones we did have were very ordinary at best. And it was quite expensive for what it was. We got 5 dishes plus 1 deep fried icecream & 2 cokes for $60. I think that is one of the good things about going with a large group of people though as you get to try more different types dishes for a lower price.


On the positive side, the restaurant is nicely decorated and much bigger than I was expecting. It looks quite small from the entrance but opens into a massive area. Also, the yum cha trolleys moved around the area quite frequently so you were never waiting for food long. Disappointed to know that it's not the superstar place I was expecting but also glad to have tried it so that I at least know what it's like now.


No comments:

Post a Comment