Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 261: The day after yesterday


Yesterday was a hectic but very fun day!
Robyn and I kicked off the day with a recovery brunch at Groove Train at Eagle Street. The food was fantastic and exactly what was needed after a big night out.

We decided to catch the Rivercat and have a bit of a cruise around the river before hitting the Eagle St markets. It's pretty rare that I catch ferries in Brisbane so was nice to get out there and was surprisingly cheap ($5.90 for a day ticket). I bought some cute flower earrings from the market and a little bear bib for the baby. And a slushie haha, I'm slightly addicted.

After this we then headed to the city lookout (couldn't be bothered going to the big one at Mt Coot-tha) to check out the fabulousness that is Brisbane! The city looked kinda moody today due to the clouds, not your typical sunny Queensland day.





We then went to my grandmas place for Emma's baby shower before driving up to my parents place in Gympie. I've only ever driven through Gympie so it was interesting to check it out, not that there's all that much to see!

My bro had made me a cheesecake with a chocolate topping which was fantastic! He hadn't made a cake before so had done a test run during the week haha. I thought it was great and loved the cute decorations. Not as hectic today but I think I was in bed by 10pm cos I was exhausted from the past week.



No comments:

Post a Comment