Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 262: Big Pineapple


Today started off with a visit to the duck pond where we spotted a whole heap of turtles and sang songs such as "my white bread brings all the ducks to the pond and they're like it's better than yours" lol. The puppies loved going for a walk, they're so adorable!







On the drive back to Brissie, we stopped off at the Big Pineapple!! It's been at least 15 years since I've been here and the pineapple is a lot smaller than I remember. The main reason people drop by is for the amazing parfaits!! Drool!





We continued back to Brisbane and went for a drive through the Clem Jones Tunnel on our way to Southbank. It's not really on the way (we had to backtrack) but since I used to work for CJ I thought I better check it out.

I mentioned on Saturday that I got rockstar parking at Surfers, and the same thing happened today at Southbank. Only issue though was that it was paid parking and I totally forgot to put money in the metre. Hello parking ticket! Thankfully this was the only bad part of the weekend so it's not all bad.

The trip back to Sydney was uneventful and exactly what you want! This is the sunset from the plane window


I had a fabulous weekend in Brissie and am so lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends. Huge thanks and love to everyone who made Birthday Week Fiesta as fun as it was!
Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment