Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 279: Burlington Bar and Dining


Today was a wonderful day being able to gloat to everyone about the brilliant win the Queensland boys had last night!

The day was made even better knowing that I would be having dinner with 3 of my favourite people at Burlington Bar and Dining in Crows Nest.

I've lived in the area for 3.5 years now and have never been despite always wanting to, so when Damien suggested we go there to celebrate Andy's new job I was thrilled.




Spending time with Damo, Dan and Andy is always fabulous (as I've no doubt mentioned in many previous posts) and tonight was no exception. I love that no topic is ever out of bounds and there's no judgement and no one gets offended when I ask what would be deemed an offensive question by many others. I can't help it! I speak before I think sometimes.




I'm not good with doing restaurant reviews as I never really know how to properly describe the food, ambience, experience, etc. I am someone who knows what I like though and I can say that our night at Burlington was really lovely.



I had the special of crab & snapper croquettes with aioli for entree and they were really lovely. The outside was crispy but the inside was really soft and delicate.




I chose the twice cooked pork belly for my main and it was divine! I often get pork belly at restaurants and this was definitely the best I have tasted. It was served with scallops, white bean purée, fennel and a pastry cigarette that I'm not entirely sure what was in it but it was fantastic all the same.

I love scallops but always over cook them. Tonights dish has inspired me to give them another try.

Recently I've taken up drinking espresso which is quite bizarre as I don't drink coffee or tea and am not generally a fan of hot drinks. Random.




We decided to go to Bravo afterwards to get gelato for dessert. That changed when we got there though as there were too many other tempting desserts. I got the warm mars bar crepes - drool! They were really, really good.

Unfortunately when driving to dinner Andy got a flat tyre so we tried to fix it which caused many laughs hehe. It took some time but eventually Andy changed it over. We were all very impressed with his skillz!

I'd highly recommend Burlington Bar and Dining as the food is divine, the staff are really friendly and attentive, and it has a warm and cozy feel to it. Check out there website - www.burlingtonbardining.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment