Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 260: Birthday Fiesta in BrisVegas!


Happy Birthday to meeeeee!!! Today is my birthday kids and it has been fabulous!

I woke up super early to meet Robyn & get ourselves to the airport and board a flight to the always beautiful BrisVegas!

When we arrived we jumped straight in a car and headed to the Goldie. Robyn complimented me on my wonderful singing! We got an awesome park at Surfers (which came back to bite me on Monday) and had lunch & some delightful frozen cocktails looking out over the beach. We had a quick walk thru Cavill before deciding to head to one of my fave places on the coast - PuttPutt at Mermaid Beach!

I've been going to this place for about 25 years and still love it. There are three courses to choose from and we went with the water course. I displayed my amazing putting skillz and put the kids behind us to shame! I was the winner by 2 strokes (yes I giggled at that too!) though I might have had a slight birthday advantage hehe.

Being at the Goldie I had to drop in to my much loved Pacific Fair shopping centre just to make sure all was still in order. We got the worst manicures ever at Rainbow Nails. The paint wasn't restricted to the nails and it wasn't cleaned up at the end. I've done better paint jobs myself.



We drove back to Bris, checked into the hotel and got ready to get our drink on. We had a stack of venue dramas and eventually settled on Limes Hotel. The roof top bar is lovely but it got really packed and was really hot due to the fire heaters being on. We left after a couple hours and headed to fringe bar for some cocktails, trashy music and chest popping (lololol). It wasn't the night that I had planned but I had a fantastic time! Was fabulous to catch up with the Bella girls, meet some lovely new people and see the lovely Jody and Amy both of whom I haven't seen in years.




This has definitely been one of my favourite birthdays and I am so grateful to everyone who came out to help celebrate xx


3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!!

    Looks like it was a great day.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really from bella now are they :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SSG!! Was a great day/weekend.

    And seriously, you needed to be anonymous to post that? Bella also means beautiful so the tag still fits :)

    ReplyDelete