Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 212: Alice In Wonderland


Perfect way to spend a Sunday arvo when you're feeling a little seedy is to go to a movie & drink frozen coke. Anna and I went to the Orpheum at Cremorne to see Alice in Wonderland, but as the Orpheum is a gorgeous old school theatre there were no frozen cokes. Booo.

One of the things I love about the Orpheum is the adorable piano player who comes on to play before the previews start. It really is a throw back to the way cinemas used to be.

As for the movie, I thought it was fabulous! I had never actually read the book or seen the original movie (I knoooow...) so had nothing to compare it to. For me it was more about the stunning imagery, costumes and makeup than the plot, which a few people have said was a little thin. Everyone is different though and are looking for different things in the movie so it's understandable that there have been very mixed reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment