Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 203: Miley & Remember Me



Sorry for the crap quality of this pic but it was taken in the cinema on my iPhone. I'm having internet dramz so have to blog from my phone which is a pain, as is transferring pics from my camera to laptop to iPhone.

After having drinks at work I managed to convince Damo & Dan to go to a late movie sesh with me. We had decided to see either Dear John or Alice in Wonderland. We ended up seeing Remember Me lol.

The previews showed Miley's new movie, The Last Song, which I am really excited for!!

I knew nothing about Remember Me so went in with no expectations and was happily surprised. I thought it was a fantastic movie and really enjoyed it. The story is loosely about a bad boy who dates a girl to get back at the girl's father and they end up falling in love. Of course the girl finds out at some point which creates drama, but that was to be expected. The guy has a troubled relationship with his father and is very protective of his younger sister.

Because I knew nothing about it, for me there was a big twist towards the end, although I'm sure if you'd read or seen a preview you'd be aware of it. Anyhow once it clicked to me what was happening I couldn't look away from thd screen, waiting to see how the twist would play out and how it would be shown. I was scared it was going to be graphic but thankfully not and was handled with sensitivity.

It's not a tearjerker of a movie but definitely quite gritty, heavy and sad. Not usually something I think I'd enjoy but I thought this movie was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment