Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 301: Hi Sonya!




My friend Sonya was in town for a few days so I took the day off work today to hang out. Yay!

We met early in the morning (sometimes I'm still asleep at that time - it's great living so close to work) and had breakfast at a cafe in Galleries Victoria (I think it's called Cafe Rossi) which was really good. We then headed to Paddington to get our shop on. I was restrained and surprisingly didn't buy anything despite seeing an amazing swarozski crystal necklace that reminded me of a Bulgari one I fell in love with years ago. I didn't get it tho as I really had nowhere to wear it- it's really only black tie function appropriate.

We headed back to the city to meet up with the gorgeous Val for lunch and to check out her secret beauty supply store - it was like heaven!

Sonya and I then caught the ferry to Manly. I've never caught the Manly ferry & was kinda shocked that it was $13 return. It's not that much but def more than I expected. It was a beautiful day on the Harbour so I'm glad we went across.



Afterwards we headed to meet up with Frances, Robyn and Bridget for cocktails in the Cross and started at the roofbar at Kings Cross Hotel. I'd never been in as I thought it was some dodgy pub but it's actually really quite nice and they do a fabulous passionfruit cosmo!



We made a quick trip to SugarMill before heading home. Sadly, there were no interesting events on the train home like last time I was in the Cross lol.

Thanks girls for a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. I had that SugarMill stamp on my wrist up until Monday morning! Damn you, Kings Cross hahahaha.

    Thanks for hanging out for the day!! It was awesome. xxoo

    ReplyDelete