Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 295: Heading home


I had to come home to Brisbane this weekend to attend a funeral. Even when it's not for the best reasons, there is something very comforting about coming home. I love the whole process of it too, packing things and getting to the airport, getting on the plane and then finally touching down in Brissie.

This pic is of the train tracks at Wynyard while I was waiting for the airport train. I was hoping to see a rat (I've no idea why but I always look for them at train stations) but it was just the tracks today.

The flight was extra fun today as my friend Dan was one of the flight attendants! I booked flights as soon as I knew I had to come up and then checked afterwards with Damo to see if by chance Dan would be on my flight - and he was!! Somehow Damo & I managed to keep it a secret from Dan and I got to surprise him when I got on the plane. He was pretty shocked hehe.

It was so weird watching Dan go through the safety demo, I kept laughing! He was a star host though and is such a smiley, happy, friendly person which is really great to see when you're in such a confined space with a lot of people. I hope you all have the pleasure of flying with Dan some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment