Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 297: wandering around Brisbane




I spent most of today just wandering around Brissie. It was nice to be able to spend some time on my own in a place I love being. I don't get to do it nearly enough.

I started with a walk around Southbank where there were lots of kids events as part of Out of the Box. Those events spilled over into the art galleries which were my next stop.

I am in love with GoMA. It's such a wonderful addition to Brisbane and has some really great exhibitions (my favourite was the Andy Warhol exhibition). I was going to see the Ron Mueck exhibition but the line for tickets was huge & didn't seem to be moving very quickly so I gave it a miss and headed over to Queensland Art Gallery.



QAG still has the Hats exhibition which was really interesting to see. I took some photos but didn't realise that you weren't allowed to. Ooops! I better not post them on here but they are on my fb if you're lucky enough to be fb friends with me hehe.


After the art galleries I walked across to the city and stumbled upon these balls of wool. There is a knitting project going on in Bris at the moment with many objects around the city being covered in knitted items. Pretty cool.

This is the pretty sky that was around for the day




No comments:

Post a Comment