Sunday, August 22, 2010

2.1: Round 2



I'm going for round 2! Hooray!

To celebrate the fact that I actually lasted a year of blogging every day, I baked a cake.

I worked on this cake for the majority of the day with planning, baking 2 cakes (I have never made mud cake before and didn't realise that it doesn't rise at all - derrr), ducking to Woolworths for additional supplies, making chocolate ganache, colouring the fondant, making the stars, and finally covering the cake.


Please excuse the no makeup look!
It's not as neat as I would like, the icing for the ribbon is too thick and I've realised that there are a couple other tools that I need but overall I'm seriously stoked with how it turned out.

One layer is dark chocolate mud, the other is milk chocolate. I cheated this time and used packet mix. Bad, I know but my focus was on the decorating and practicing with fondant icing.

One of the most mentioned people on this blog, my favourite ranga and one of my best friends Damien, came over to celebrate and sample some of the cake! He was also official photogrpaher and supervisor for the icing parts. Thanks D!

Now to plan the next one!!





4 comments: