Sunday, September 12, 2010

2.22 Failed mani


The other day I saw a pic of a 40's inspired mani that the models wore on the runway for the Ruffian S/S show at New York Fashion Week and decided to give it a go.

Clearly, it's a bit of a disaster but I think it would look fabulous if it was neater. I think I needed to use one of the nail art pens to get a neat line on the cuticle semi-circle bit, instead of the nail art brush that I used. I think I need to do a trip to Priceline to acquire one.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for having an experiment, that's what life is about. P.S It does look like you banged your fingers with a hammer though. *giggles*. I think you could see the funny side of life though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're right! It reminds me of when I got my finger accidentally slammed in a car door when I was a kid. The cuticle area went black exactly like in this mani.

    ReplyDelete