Friday, September 3, 2010

2.13 Mind games




At first, all I could do was laugh at my boss' drawing of a puzzle she was trying to get us to solve. Seriously, what's with that body?! Hehehe. I shouldn't laugh, my drawing skills are very, very basic.

Anyhow my laughter soon turned inti frustration at not being able to work out the damn puzzle. The guy with the body has to work out what colour hat he is wearing without being able to communicate with the other people. Apparently they are all stuck in sand and cannot move. There are no mirrors. Anyone know the answer??

It is driving me nuts!

1 comment:

  1. Do you want the answer? It is a little tricky given your description of the puzzle (there should be a bit more "story" to it eg they know that there are only two colours of hats, and two of each colour) but I have seen a similar one before. Basically, the man with the big body can deduce his hat colour because the person behind him hasn't deduced the colour. If the person behind him could see two hats the same colour, then he would know what colour hat he has. But that hasn't happened so the big body guy can deduce that he and the guy in front of him must have different colour hats. Thus, he can see the guy in front of him, and knows there is only two hat colours, so he knows his hat colour is the oppposite of the one in front of him.

    Sorry, that is a bit of along winded explanation, I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete