Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 95: Herb blini and scallops



I got my Masterchef on tonight in honour of the second last night of Aus Celeb Masterchef. I've just realised that I'm going to miss the final tomorrow - dammit.

I've been wanting to do something with scallops ever since I had them at Tapas a few weeks ago but jut haven't gotten around to it. I have a gorgeous cookbook that has a recipe for herb blini with seared scallops so thought I would give it a go. As usual though, I didn't actually follow the recipe and just did whatever I felt like.

It all tasted very good, but the blini was probably a little bit dry, and I think it needed some guacamole too soften it a little and balance it out.

The sauce was orange juice, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar - loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment