Saturday, October 9, 2010

2.48 Radio Cairo




I decided to end Vegetarian Week a couple days early so that I could go to dinner with Damien at Radio Cairo.

I've wanted to go to Radio Cairo for ages but have just never got around to it. As I'm trying to try new places, and neither of us had been here, it seemed like the perfect place. The restaurant was packed when we got there (we could only have an early booking and had to be out by 8.30) but the waiters and kitchen staff were very efficient so it didn't take long for our food to arrive.

I had read a couple of reviews and almost all of them said to try the Cajun Popcorn, so we did. It was small pieces of shrimp in a light batter served with an apricot sauce. It was absolutely delicious!



We shared two mains of Blackened Snapper and Morrocan Lamb. Both dishes were great but my favourite was the lamb, which was possibly the most tender, juicy lamb I've ever eaten. It's no wonder this place was packed!

Afterwards we went to Bravo in Crows Nest for dessert. I had Mars Bar Crepes which were great as always, however the service was pretty bad tonight.

I am looking forward to going back to Radio Cairo. Even though I've said I want to eat at new places, it is definitely worth going back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment