Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 338: Macarons




Today I made some honest food, straight from the heart and cried about it while blubbering about my food dream. Well, that's would have happened if I was a contestant on masterchef! The finale is on tonight, I don't mind who wins really.

So today I actually made macarons. These ones are passionfruit and chocolate and they are delicious. I'm really impressed with how they turned out but next time I'm going to print some circles so I have a guideline on sizing as some are substantially bigger than others. Not that that really matters when you're eating them! I'd also make them more yellow in colour, I thought they were going to be fluoro so I toned it down with some cocoa and now they look a bit yuck.

I've made these (and still have a couple more things to make!) for dinner with the girls tomorrow night. Hope they like the passionfruit & chocolate combo, I always forget that not everyone loves passionfruit as much as I do.


EDIT:
Here is the recipe I used as a base - http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=786450 I added a little passionfruit to the eggwhites and swapped pink rose colour for yellow (and a little cocoa to dull the colour down as I went a bit overboard). For the ganache I used a mix of dark and milk chocolate melted in the microwave and then mixed in passionfruit pulp. I didn't measure any of it as I've made ganache quite a bit and know the consistency I'm looking for. Sorry I couldn't be more specific!

5 comments:

  1. Omg YUM!! can you send me the recipe??? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look amazing can you please post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I will psot the recipe for you tonight. I just had a look for it online but can't find it. It was really easy and didn't involve weighing any of the ingredients like most recipes do, so that was a definite plus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siany I bet they were nowhere near as good as the Laduree ones you would have had in Paris!

    ReplyDelete