Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 320: Origin 3


BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!

Ohmygosh I cannot even begin to describe the excitement and elation I am feeling about Queensland taking a cleansweep of the series this year! We have now won 5 series in a row (yeeeewwwww!!!) but have not had a whitewash/maroonwash.




I headed out to the game with Bree (above), Anna and Fi and we had fantastic seats 3 rows from the front behind the goal posts, in the Queensland supporters section.




Queensland were leading at half time but the Blues come back and fought hard for the next 30 minutes or so. I cannot believe how much time the Queenslanders  spent defending their line. It was really hard to watch and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. When the Blues scored I thought we were done as we had barely had any time in the Blues' half. WRONG!!!

You can never write off the Maroons! With two amazing tries in the last 10 minutes the entire Maroons supporters section did not sit down, screaming and jumping around. It was a really memorable night and I don't think I have screamed and cheered that much in my life.




Here is King Wally presenting Billy Slater with his Player of the Series award. Well done Billy, you truly deserved it and were the standout star for Queensland this year. I could not believe it when he held up Anthony Watmough in what looked like it would be a definite try for the Blues.




QUEENSLANDER!!!! I was so excited (and filled with pride) to watch the boys hold up the trophy and do their lap of honour. They have truly been an amazing team, possibly the best in Origin history. The most exciting part is that I don't think the dynasty is over just yet.


I had to include this pic. Suck it Barrett!! (photo courtesy of www.dailytelegraph.com.au)

We then headed to a pub in the city to watch the replay on FoxSports and celebrate well into the night!

QUEENSLANDER!!

Actually, it was an awesome day all round! B and I slept in, googled random stuff, went to the city to meet Val for lunch & macarons and then we headed home to watch trashy tv before having dinner in North Sydney and heading to the game. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment