Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 330: Planet Cake




Today I went to an open day at Planet Cake which is a two hour session where you are given a tour of the facilities, history of the company, information on courses, a demonstration on how to ganache and cover a cake with fondant, and are shown how to decorate a cupcake which you get to take home with you.

The first pic is of me and Jess, who along with Betty and Jun, presented the content. I have to say, these were three of the nicest people you will meet! They are also very passionate about cake decorating and are very skilled at what they do.



These are some examples of the cakes that Planet Cake can produce. Amazing aren't they?



I fell in love with the 3 tiered square cake which has crystals as the centre of the flowers - I didn't take a closeup pic, but it really was stunning.

If you are wanting to make cake decorating a career or just develop your personal skills in the area, I highly recommend going to one of the open days to get a better idea about what Planet Cake does and the environment you will be taught in. I am planning on doing one of the courses in the near future!

Check out their website at - http://www.planetcake.com.au 

1 comment: